Friday, June 6, 2014

SEXY SATURDAYS: THE TROUBLEMAKER NEXT DOOR by MARIE HARTE



 

Sexy Saturdays with Andrea and Autumn is a weekly feature created to spread the word about spicy reads.


Autumn Review
The Bookish Babe



The Troublemaker Next Door (The McCauley Brothers, #1)Series: The McCauley Brothers #1
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casa
Publication Date: 6/3/14
Format: ARC
Pages:
Source: Publisher
Rating: 4.5 stars





He can fix her sink, but can he wrench his way into her heart?

Flynn McCauley never thought he’d be so cliché as to fall for the girl next door. But when Maddie calls him over to help fix her faulty sink, he’s a goner. Too bad the fiercely independent interior designer wants nothing to do with him. Even worse, he’s forced to rely on the advice of his nosy brothers—and his five-year-old nephew!—to figure out how to make her give him a shot.






I'm just going start off by being my normally eloquent self and day... The Troublemaker Next Door was great, y'all! It was sexy and witty and totally made me laugh my ass off.


Wanna know why I loved it? Here we go!

 
Flynn McCauley is one the four McCauley brothers-three by birth, one by choice- of Seattle. This is a tight-knit, working-class family, that works hard and plays hard. The brothers spend a majority of their free time together, drinking beer, playing poker, and generally shooting the shit. Flynn is the middle brother, hard-working, fun, and a really nice guy.

So speaking of work, what does our Flynn do? Hold on tight to your panties, guys, Flynn McCauley is a....


PLUMBER! Yes, you read that right, our hero is a plumber by trade, runs his business with best friend and honorary McCauley, Brody. He's darn good at it too. With nary a hairy crack in sight (unless you ask him nicely), Flynn is not your granny's plumber. And business is good.

When I realized what Flynn did for a living, I might have made a shrill, squeaky noise. And I might have immediately screamed at my friend (HOOTIE) that she needed this book now. If I had a nickel for every time we've discussed the need for more blue collar heroes, I could buy...well, I could buy lunch. Probably. Sexy plumbers are rare and precious like the mythical unicorn. Take advantage!

Gorgeous and able to take care of your pipes? Sounds like a dream come true to me.


Maddie Gardner is a fiery read head who doesn't take any bullshit off anyone, be it her sleazy boss, her boring ex, or her bossy cousin/roommate. Maddie is a take-charge woman who's out to take care of herself and make her own destiny. I'll admit she is a tiny bit frustrating when refusing to see and embrace the obvious love between herself and Flynn, but the girl has reasons.
 
Maddie is confident in herself and her body, which always has me doing a *fistpump*. And when she hooks up with Flynn, Maddie gives it just as good as she takes it!
 

Colin McCauley is Flynn's five year-old nephew. And before you roll your eyes and say "There're no kids in Romance!" let me assure you, Colin is a tiny, adorable badass. His dad Mike loves him like crazy, as do his uncles. Due to the death of his wife, Mike needs a lot of help with his kid, and those men do what all good uncles do best: they corrupt him! This kid knows how to palm cards, turn on the world-class tears to get himself out of trouble, and helps his uncles get the ladies by being super cute. This kid is going to be hell on wheels when he grows up and I loved it.


The Troublemaker Next Door is damn steamy! We pretty much get it all here, guys. Phone sex. Light bondage. A little bit of role-play. Road head (okay, actually parked truck head, but still!), and so much more! I've had the pleasure of reading some very dirty talkers (Hello, Bowen brothers!), but I have to say that Flynn stands toe-to-toe with the best. And it's not only what he's saying that makes it hot, but it's also the knowing this man is on the verge of losing his mind, the grit in his voice, the strain, that had me fanning myself. UNF.


Hilarious The Troublemaker Next Door was so funny. I love good banter, so much. This book had ridiculous banter that had me laughing non-stop.The McCauley guys love to bust each other's balls, literally and figuratively. Good times.

 
Love Flynn and Maddie enter this non-relationship with the expectation of hot sex and no real attachment. Of course, this means they both fall in love, but I adore that it was Flynn who acknowledged it first and pushed for more. Let me tell you, when this man decided he was ready, he fell hard. It's apparently a McCauley man-trait. Flynn wasn't about being casual, he wanted marriage, kids,the whole nine yards.

 
Sequel bait and lots of it. Flynn and Maddie's story wraps up very nicely, but with three more guys and two more girls, we have a lot more in store, and it's going to be good. Maddie's best friend Abby is an erotic romance writer who's unlucky in love. Bonus: she does a lot of research for "accuracy" in her books. Cousin Vanessa is kind of an uptight bitch, but those types usually make for the best times when the man of their non-dreams swoops in. As for the guys, Brody is winner, and has the hots for Abby...yay. Brother Cam is an uptight-ish accountant, and I have a feeling he would be the perfect match for Vanessa. Single father/dad Mike is the odd man out right now, and he's not looking for love. Of course this means I cannot wait for his book!
 
The Troublemaker Next Door was such a pleasant surprise for me. I laughed, I fanned myself, and I highly recommend it.
 
Favorite Quotes
"Seriously, why didn't Brody or I know about the neighbors? It's not like I'm a dog. I'm not going to hump them in public." At Mike's look, he flushed. "For God's sake, I was twenty years old and drunk. The girl wasn't even real. It was a mannequin and it was all Brody's idea."


  Christ, could the woman be any more perfect for him? He could tell she didn't have a lot of experience with kids. She'd held Colin with an endearing awkwardness. God knew the kid weighed a ton for someone so young. But she'd held on tight, not letting go, showing an instinctive need to protect that called to Flynn. He wanted to be more than her lover and friend. He wanted Maddie as his wife. Good God, I mean it. I love her.  



The McCauley Brothers
The Troublemaker Next Door (The McCauley Brothers, #1)  How to Handle a Heartbreaker (The McCauley Brothers, #2)  Ruining Mr. Perfect (The McCauley Brothers, #3)
(covers lead to GoodReads page)
 
 
 
About Marie Harte
 
Marie Harte is an avid reader who loves all things paranormal and futuristic. Reading romances since she was twelve, she fell in love with romance and happy endings and knew writing was her calling. Years later after the Marine Corps, Information Technology, and 60 hour work weeks, her dream has finally come true.

Marie lives in Oregon with her family and is constantly reading and writing.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. "The Troublemaker Next Door was such a pleasant surprise for me. I laughed, I fanned myself, and I highly recommend it."

    Everything about this review is perfect! I think it's your best one. I really felt your excitement and happiness over the book. I can't wait to read this one too. P.s. we talk about Blue Collar guys enough to both be able to afford a $5 foot long WITH CHIPS! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen this series before but it's hard not to be interested not. I mean I'm used to main characters being smart and something handy, but this one seem to be good at both. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at "laugh my a$$ off" so I ordered (pre-ordered the last two) all three books. Now I can't wait to read them! Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes to more blue-collared heroes, autumn romances, and married couples. This sounds fun, Andrea & I'm sure Hootie had a lot of interesting things to say about that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "It was sexy and witty and totally made me laugh my ass off." You totally had me sold with that one line. Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg yes it sounds like a must! And the potential for the future storylines. Holy cow those sound like they'll be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. I think I have this one! Must read it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post