Thursday, May 26, 2011

Review Law of the Lycan Trilogy by Nicky Charles

From Goodreads:
The Mating:
Elise had no idea when she came home that day that she'd end up mated to a complete stranger. A new Alpha and the need for an alliance between packs have made her a pawn in.... The Mating.

The Keeping:
Ryne Taylor was a sexy bad-ass Alpha set on establishing a new pack. Melody Greene was a journalism student researching his work as a photographer or so she said. But could Mel really be trusted or had she stumbled upon his secret? And if she knew, could Ryne save himself and the pack he'd left behind without enacting a deadly ancient law known as The Keeping?

The Finding:
She discovered a dark secret, witnessed a murder and fled into the night fearing for her life. Three years later, Cassie is still hiding from her past, haunted by a dream lover and fighting to control a terrifying beast that seems to grow stronger each day. When Bryan, pack Beta, appears to claim her, Cassie is forced to face the truth of her existence. Innocence, betrayal, greed and love collide with ancient werewolf laws in... The Finding

This was a very interesting trilogy, it was my first werewolf book so I didn't really know what I was getting myself into... but I have to say that I really enjoyed them. Each one had a different aspects that I enjoyed. I loved Kane & Elise in The Mating, the connection wasn't instant but the build up was great. This book offers you love, drama & mystery. The one major thing that I did not like about this book was all the grammar errors. The Keeping was my favorite. I know that is a little unusual because most love the first one, but I just loved Ryne & Mel! Once again the grammar was horrible, but the story line was great! Nicky Charles did a great job keeping you in suspense and laughing out loud. The finding was a great conclusion to the other two books. I liked Cassie & Bryan's story but this book was aggravating because it would jump from one story line to the next, at time there would be five stories going and each one would leave you hanging and then skip to the next. I did love how Ms.Charles followed up on Kane & Elise and Ryne & Mel, so after finishing The Finding I felt satisfied with all the characters endings.

5 comments:

  1. I cant believe I haven't finished these books! But I did really like The Mating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore werewolf stories, especially when they feature alpha males. I hadn't heard of this series, so thanks for the heads up. I'm worried about the grammar thing...I may not be able to look past it. Just how bad was it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rubita- I absolutely loved book 1! They are worth a try. We found them free on iBooks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The grammer is not its just that she writes it in Canadian spelling not American because she is from Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *I mean it is not wrong

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post